Single? Turn your Valentine’s Day from drab to fab!
Unrealistic expectations can cause a great deal of emotional pain if you are alone on Valentine’s Day!
I enjoy writing blog posts about love and happiness, yet on Valentine’s Day I want to acknowledge those who might be dealing with lost love. We have all experienced loss in our lives! Yet, no one really knows the pain of another person, even if we have walked very closely in their shoes. Today for those who are hurting I want to say, “I see YOU, I hear YOU, and I wrap my arms around YOU and give you a big hug!” Breathe. Breathe. Breathe. Now let’s move forward and make this a special Valentine’s Day that focuses on what is important to YOU today! 3 Ways To Love Yourself First This Valentine’s Day
Unrealistic expectations will get you in trouble every time. Longing for what is not there in front of you rather than seeking joy in what is! I often think of the old saying, “God never gives you more than you can handle.” There is great truth in this even when it feels like the weight of the world is on your shoulders. Inch by inch you move forward with conscious intent until you can see light at the end of the tunnel. You have survived! Now what?
“Love: You’re not meant to wait for it. You’re not meant to search for it. You’re meant to generate it.” ~ Michael Beckwith
It is time to create a Valentine’s Day that will put a smile on your face. When working with my clients, we will brainstorm possibilities. Suddenly, they are able to see that their life IS amazing right now! There is no need to wait to be happy. Just set the intention that you will begin where you are and find whatever joy is available. Below are six ways you can celebrate your Valentine’s Day if you are alone:
1. Invite others that you know who are also alone and enjoy a night on the town. Do it right with dinner and a movie perhaps.
2. Have Kids? Create a special celebration with your kids. Make heart shaped cookies, pop a DVD in the player and watch a movie that reminds you how lucky you are to have the love of your kids!
3. Animal lover? Take a special pet for a walk in the park. They do make heart shaped dog bones and they even have doggie ice cream. Enjoy the warmth of having that special animal and human bond.
4. Call your mom (or special relative) for an especially long talk or visit in person. Love begets love. Give it a try. You can send her flowers or candy with a heart shaped card. It will be a day you both remember for a long time.
5. If you are more daring, try something you have never done before. Remember when you were a kid? What was exciting and a little daring? Why not do that now? Skydiving, skiing down the big mountain (The one that you promised yourself you would ski down someday!) roller skating, and hiking, are just a few examples.
6. Take yourself on a date! The first time I ever did this, it felt a little strange. The first thing I noticed was I got to make all the decisions myself. I didn’t have to ask if I could go to MY favorite restaurant. I went to the show I wanted to see. It felt very liberating. Give it a try and remember to buy yourself flowers and a teddy bear.
This Valentine’s Day make a conscious choice to find joy and happiness right where you are. The first step to being in love again is learning to love YOU! 3 Ways To Attract Your Mate Through Self Love
If you are looking for a little self-care, then please visit my web site for your free copy of my E-Book titled Sacred Self-Care: Celebrating that Love Begins Within
Be in Love Again Coach
Source: Your Tango